Audiology is a discipline that deals with problems of hearing and balance.Audiologists of MedAmerican Medical Center provide children, adults and elderly people with audiologic testing and evaluation.
Our primary areas of focus are evaluation of hearing system and diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing loss in relevant age groups.We make decision on requirement of hearing aid and we educate patients on hearing, if necessary.
In addition, we collaborate with Otorhinolaryngologists in the evaluation of patients presenting with dizziness and balance disorder.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which specialties does your department cover?
Audiologic complaints form the area of specialties in our unit.
What are the complaints that your department directly deal with?
We directly deal with all complaints that affect the hearing system.
What are principal areas of clinical focus in your unit?
- Audiological evaluations
- Therapeutic maneuvers in treatment of BPPV
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Pediatric Audiology
Which procedures and tests are performed in your department?
Tests used for audiologic evaluation of children:
- Play Audiometry (Pure Tone Audiometry/Hearing Test)
- Speech Audiometry
- Acoustic Immitancemetry (Tympanometry)
Audiological evaluations for adults:
- Behavior Audiometry (Pure Tone Audiometry/Hearing Test)
- Acoustic immitancemetry (tympanometry, Acoustic reflex measurement)
- Eustachian Dysfunction Test (evaluates functioning of the Eustachian Tube.)
- Tests used to differentiate retrocochlear and cochlear pathologies:
- SISI ( Short Increment Sensivity Index )
- TTD ( Threshold Tone Decay )