PULMONARY SERVICE LINE
Pulmonary Diseases, Thoracic Surgery, Allergy and Imunology Unit
The Pulmonary Medicine , Thoracic Surgery and Allergy Unit provides diagnosis and treatment for respiratory diseases including;
• Chronic respiratory diseases: asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, chronic or persistent cough chronic respiratory failure
• Acute or chronic respiratory infections: bronchitis, pneumonia,tuberculosis
• Acute or chronic respiratory discomfort, short of breath
• Lung cancer and benign lung tumors
• Interstitial lung diseases
• Pulmonary vascular diseases: pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension
• Sleep-related respiratory disorders: sleep apnea; obesity hypoventilation syndrome;
• Secondary lung tumors (metastasis from other cancers)
• Pleural diseases.
• Mediastinal tumors
• Esophageal tumors
• Tumors of the chest wall
• Trauma of the chest
• Hyperhydrosis (swelling of the hands and axilla)
• Chest wall deformities (funnel / pigeon chest)
• Diseases of the Diaphragma
Our pulmonary service line also consists a smoking Cessation Clinic.
Pulmonary service line serves as an interlocutor between various departments which requires plays thoracic surgeons, oncologists, ENT specialists, cardiologists, and many other specialists to colloborate on a daily basis.
In like manner, thoracic surgery plays a central role in cancer treatment thus thoracic surgeons work in collaboration with medical and radiation oncologists,pulmonologists,pathologists and nuclear medicine specialists.